We are moving ;)

Please join me, Shorty & LouLou at our new 'home':
https://shortyloulou.wordpress.com/

Thank you!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Adopt a pet

A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, big or small, young or old. He doesn't care if you're not smart, not popular, not a good joke-teller, not the best athlete, nor the best-looking person. To your dog, you are the greatest, the smartest, and the nicest human being who was ever born. You are his friend and protector.
- Louis Sabin

If you are looking for a pet now, why not adopt instead of buying one? Some adoption might be free of charges, while some will charge at a minimum rate (not for making a profit) for spaying/neutering and de-worming the animals. My two boys were neither bought from the petshops nor were adopted from an animal shelter. I took them straight from the street. Now I am not saying that you should go rescue all the animals out there – because you cannot guess whether they will attack/injure you or not. I guess I was just purely lucky to get a mild-tempered Shorty who did not fight back when I put him in the car.

Shorty theDog and LouLou theCat were stray animals – I think I did mentioned about this somewhere. LouLou was rescued when he was still quite young, maybe just a few months old at that time. He was very dirty when I took him home – his white furs were yellowish partly because he did not know how to clean it. And because of that too, he smell of kittypoopoo and kittypeepee. Now, he has been with me for 2 wonderful years. Despite being a grown up kitty now, he still like to get Shorty to lick him. The only time I see him licking himself intensively is after I give him a bath. I somehow think that me (human) and Shorty (dog) kind of mis-educated him (cat).

Shorty was a serious case for me when I saved him from the street. He was almost fur-less; and the vet told me that it would took few months for him to recover from the skin infection. So there I was, religiously feeding him the dog vitamins and supplements and cleaning him with medicated shampoo. I am so thankful that today, he is one yellow-haired dog that I love to hug and squeeze! He still has a bad habit of hiding food i.e. in the soil, between the pillows, etc, which I guess, something he had habitually done when he was a stray dog trying to keep safe the food from other dogs. Nonetheless, he is adorable and always loves by the neighbors.

If you plan to adopting one, get on down to these websites. I hope you will find your furry friends there!


See more at The Dog Club