Bought a bottle of Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Emulsion from The Face Shop as my new makeup remover. Luckily I've done my homework about it before going to the shop because:
- The sales girl have braces & a thick accent that I could hardly understand what she was saying. But I was glad because she actually spent quite some time behind the mirror while I quietly browsed the products before approaching me. I DO hate it when they tailed me as if I am going to steal anytime! Okie, okie, I know they have good intention of answering my questions & promoting stuff...
- The Faceshop is currently having sales & lots of the products are on discounted price! I left the shop before I start having the itchy "impulse buying".
The initial verdict:
- A little on the oily side but not as heavy as the previous makeup remover (Clinique). I hope it won't give me spots!
- A very subtle smell yet still acceptable & doesn't give me dizziness (I don't like scented ones).
- A total of one & a half pumps of the emulsion is enough to remove my makeup - how much to use is depends on how light/heavy the makeup, I think.
- Save my wallet (price is 1/3 of Clinique or 1/2 of Avene).
Edited on Sept. 2, 2010
The final verdict:
- It does not cause breakouts to me.
- Overall, it done a good job as a makeup remover.