We are moving ;)

Please join me, Shorty & LouLou at our new 'home':
https://shortyloulou.wordpress.com/

Thank you!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The other hot thing

My family and close friends know just how addicted I am to coffee.  My mom, for example, has been trying unsuccessfully to convince me to reduce my coffee intake.  She said that too much of it is why I cannot gain weight.  We don’t know how true that is.  However, I’m well aware that caffeine is a common ingredient in cellulite remover.

Mom’s advice fell on my deaf ears and I, of course, still drink coffee as frequent as I like.  The taste, the aroma, and the time I spend enjoying a hot mug of coffee are almost as positive as the benefits of drinking it.

I might not be reducing the amount of coffee I drink everyday, but am definitely cutting down sugar.  Last time I used to add 2(!!!!!) teaspoons but eventually managed to lessen to less than half a teaspoon per mug.  Somehow I still need to go with zero-sugar coffee because sugar is not needed in our diet.  Imagine if I’m consuming 4 mugs a day, which could add up to 2 teaspoons of sugar!

I’m not sure why I want to talk about coffee, sugar…  Perhaps because my colleagues are fasting for a month starting from today, so I’m somewhat more conscious of drinking/eating in front of them.  Perhaps too, since I’m not done with my blood sampling yet, I want to reduce sugar intake to get better glucose reading (self-cheating, so to speak).

Anyway, selamat berpuasa to all Muslim friends!